- Wear Layer: 28 mil High Density vinyl
- Plank Dimensions: W 7” x L 48” x T 3/16”
- Pallet Dimensions: W 40” x L 49” x H 29.5”
- Surface Treatment: Polyurethane with antimicrobial finish on top wear layer
- Material: Loose Lay Luxury Vinyl Plank with fibreglass core, non-slip padded backing
- Box: 23.35 sqft/box 10 planks per box
- Pallet: 1284.25 sqft 55 boxes per pallet
- Box: 41.6 lbs. (18.9 kg)
- Pallet: 2288 lbs. (1037.8 kg)
- Sound Transmission (IIC): 57 (100+ with the addition of an acoustic underlay)
- Malibu series Loose Lay Luxury Vinyl Plank should be placed on a completely dry surface. Please note that even though the floor may appear dry, please use a moisture testing device to ensure. Moisture readings must not exceed 8%. Please discuss with your dealer the preferred adhesive for your floor and your unique site conditions.
- In newly constructed buildings pre-dry floors for 7-14 days prior to application to ensure floor is completely dry. Sweep clean and dry mop surface to remove any debris. For heavy duty commercial applications or for installations with high moisture readings, please discuss with your dealer the preferred adhesive for your floor and your unique site conditions.
- Ensure that floor surface is flat and level. Use a scraper to flatten the floor surface or a putty knife to remove stuck debris (ie. Gum, labels).
- Maintain the room temperature and adhesive products to be used above 15°C for 24 hours before installation. Please allow time to acclimate your flooring in a warm room to ensure any residual moisture is allowed to dissipate. A slight haze may be noticed on the top of the floor, but this will dissipate within 24 hours of installation in a warm room.
- Find the exact centre of the floor by marking vertical and horizontal lines across the floor.
- Measure the squareness of the marked lines and then start applying adhesives on the first quarter of the marked floor space.
- Work on small portions of the floor at a time, and apply adhesives as per manufacturer instructions. Optimum usage of adhesive.
- Follow your adhesive product tack up times then lay the floor planks, staggering the planks for the best visual effect. Press firmly ensure that products is lying flat.
- Wipe up excess adhesive by using alcohol or alkali water.
- In order to allow the flooring adhesive time to cure, restrict traffic and do not move furniture onto a newly installed floor for at least 24 hours after installation. Wait at least 3 days before washing.
- Be careful not to put any dents or marks on the floor when moving heavy furniture and use felt pads on furniture legs to protect your floor.
- Furniture polish and/or rubber supports may leave stains on the floor surface over a long period of time.
- When removing stains and polish, do not use strong solvents or household cleaning fluids, instead use widely known alkali water based floor polish removers and cleaner.
- Sweep, vacuum and wet mop your floor regularly. The Loose Lay Luxury Vinyl Plank’s strong polyurethane coating and durable wear layer will protect your floor finish from everyday wear and tear.
- Do not expose your floor to frequent standing water and wipe up all spills quickly.
DOWNLOAD OUR PREPARATION, INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE
FloorScore Certification - Malibu Series
LIFETIME RESIDENTIAL LIMITED WARRANTY
Our Lifetime Residential Limited Warranty for MALIBU Loose Lay Luxury Vinyl plank means that for as long as you own your home, from the date of product purchase, your floor will be free from manufacturing defects and will not wear through or permanently stain from common household products when installed and maintained in accordance to manufacturer instructions (supplied with each product carton). This guarantee applies only to the original purchaser and proof of purchase is required for all claims. The guarantee is for replacement or refund of the vinyl planks only and does not include labour or installation materials (i.e. glues, subfloors, tape, etc.). Claims for wear must show a minimum dime size area. High heel shoes, rolling carts, furniture and chairs without protective pads can damage the floor and are not covered by this warranty. If you wish to file a claim under warranty, please contact the authorized dealer where the flooring was purchased.
15 YEAR LIMITED COMMERCIAL WARRANTY
Our 15 Year Limited Commercial Warranty for MALIBU Loose Lay Luxury plank means that for fifteen (15) years, from the date of product purchase, your floor will be free from manufacturing defects and will not wear through when installed and maintained in accordance to manufacturer instructions (supplied with each product carton). The guarantee is for replacement or refund of the vinyl planks only and does not include labour or installation materials (i.e. glues, subfloors, tape, etc.). Claims for wear must show a minimum dime size area. High heel shoes, rolling carts, furniture and chairs without protective pads can damage the floor and are not covered by this warranty. If you wish to file a claim under warranty, please contact the authorized dealer where the flooring was purchased.
Our Warranty does not include the following:
- Dissatisfaction due to improper installation, maintenance, or irregularities caused by subfloor or existing floor.
- Reduction in gloss due to normal use.
- Damages due to stains, burns, cuts, scratches, indentations and other accidents or abuse.
- Problems or damages due to moisture, fungus, alkali or hydrostatic pressure in subfloor.
- Color shade variations from samples or printed illustrations compared to actual product.
- Installation of flooring over improper material: e.g. particleboard, chip wood, press board
- Installation in temperature ranges other than those in accordance with instruction.
- Gapping due to improper installation or adhesive shrinkage.
We will not pay labor costs to repair or replace material with defects that were apparent before or at the time of installation. Inspection by an authorized representative may be necessary to verify the manufacturing defect exists, or you may be requested to submit samples of defective material to CDM Distribution Inc. If replacement is needed in accordance with this warranty and the defective material or pattern has been discontinued, CDM Distribution Inc. reserves the right to select and supply similar CDM Distribution Inc. replacement material. If a manufacturing defect is found, CDM Distribution Inc. should be notified promptly.